Tuesday, January 8, 2008

switcheroo

Bonjour, ma famille et mes amis!

Well, in regards to the title-- just wanted to let you all know that my room is, at the moment, in a completely different state than it was the last time I gave you a video dorm room tour. My roommate and I moved the beds to the middle of the room -- that's right, the middle -- and bunked them. So now we have two little rooms; on the side of the beds closest to the door we have our little "living room" with couch, rug, end table and lamp, and on the other side we have our desks, where we study. It's a cute idea, I think, but I admit that it's just a little too cramped. Dorm rooms were not meant to be cut in half by overgrown bunks.

So I think we may switch it around again. If/when that happens, be prepared for another video tour!

Maybe.

In other news, track is now in full swing. We have practice six days a week, from 7:00-9:00 pm. Yes. I have to be at track from 7-9 on Friday nights. Gross, I know. I think it might really cut into all the major partying I've been doing. :-P

Not much else. The weather's been pretty nasty, at least by my standards. Actually, most people like it because it's warm, but I'd rather have snow and cold with sun than the dark, dreary gray weather we've got now. It gets up into the fifties, but we haven't seen the sun since Friday. AT ALL. Not even a glimpse through the clouds.

It can get a bit depressing.

So prayers for that would be appreciated.

What is your favorite thing to do at an amusement park?

Answers, please.

5 comments:

hannah said...

Paddle around tom sawyer island with you and sarah and watch sarah splash you every time she tries to paddle!

danielle said...

track! funny...we haven't heard anything about track this year yet. last year i can remember telling mrs. hogan that i couldn't come to conditioning because i was still in tennis. haha!
oh, and who can forget our "green card" episode the day before christmas break began! well, at least we made the effort, right? ;)
i shall miss our good times at practices this season. i know! when you are at track meets and begin to miss us just think about some of the craziest experiences/sayings we have had and then maybe you'll be glad we are across the country. haha!
shall i refresh your memory...
-"i'm swimming in a pool of estrogen" or "i like beef. i like steak"
-the elves song!
-hannah and i dancing while ALL the sprinters stare
-you hitting me in the face with rubber budgie cord things
-matt trying to use my ID
oh, my the list goes on and on...
just know that wherever you are jumping, we shall be there in spirit cheering you on! hahaha...not to sound creepy or anything. (give me a break...i've been doing hw way too long)
miss you too!

danielle said...

oops i meant "bungie cords" not "budgie"...isn't that a type of bird. budgies!!! hahaaha! as far as i know you haven't hit me with a bird...yet
okay i'm going to stop typing because i already left you the longest comment ever. :)

justineeee said...

heyyyy. i kinda did the same thing in my room. except, instead of beds, i used a row of bookshelves to section off my room.



eeek. i hate amusement parks. i'd probably ride a ferris wheel. i've never ridden one before.


i miss you beckerssss~

Jillian said...

That sounds like a very interesting way to have your room.
My favorite thing is to go on some (not very scary) rides and eat churros!!!! :)

I hope you get to see the sun soon.