Forgive me. I haven't been in the updating mood. As a matter of fact, I'm not in the mood right now either but I have nothing better to do so here you all go.
Let's see. Night sledding.
Two nights ago my roommate Frannie, my suitemate Sarah and my friend Gail and I decided to take advantage of the great snow Michigan had gotten over Christmas break. We knew it was supposed to get warm (and it is now-- we got up to 50 degrees today) and we wanted to try out Frannie's new sled before the snow melted. (It's an iridescent purple disc; I gave it to her for Christmas.)
So we went out to an enormous hill at a park near Reeds Lake-- in the dark. It's the same hill that I used to have to run sprints up for track practice. Before winter, of course. Anyway, it's really big and REALLY steep. And it was pretty hard to see in the dark.
Nighttime tends to be that way.
So we slid down without being able to see the little bumps and turns in the track, making for a pretty awesome ride. My roommate and I were standing near the top of the hill when my friend Gail went down; she hit an incredible ramp that we'd missed in the dark and went flying. All Frannie and I saw were Gail's legs straight up in the air, and then no Gail.
Pretty funny.
Anyway. Can't think of what else the "other happenings" was going to be. I got a new coat. It's very cute. Maybe I'll put up a picture later.
Or maybe not.
What is your favorite mode of transportation?
Answers, please.
P.S. OH!!! I ALMOST FORGOT TO SAY: MY SISTERS ARE COMING TO VISIT!!!! ONE MONTH, ONE WEEK AND ONE DAY!!!! YIPPEE!!!
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay for coming to see you! We can go sledding! which happens to be my favorite mode of transportation! :) (assuming there is snow on the ground)
Flying (without an airplane)
Oh 50 degrees... toasty...
Post a Comment