Thursday, January 10, 2008

happy january

Well, I don't have much to post about today, really. January isn't a very happening month, once you get past the celebration on the first.

January at Calvin means the annual January Series, when Calvin hosts a speaker every weekday -- on all kinds of different topics. So far I've gone to two: Sonia Nazario spoke on Monday and my own interim professor spoke today. Both very interesting. I'm planning on going tomorrow, too, to hear Ishmael Beah, the author of Memoirs of a Boy Soldier. Heard of it?

January at Calvin also apparently means nasty weather. Right now we are having a "wintry mix"-- the nice way of saying "disgusting sleet." I had to walk back from the gym after track tonight, and by the time I got to my dorm I was soaked through. Gross. It's supposed to get colder now, though, so pretty soon we'll have snow again...

Not much else! We did switch our room around again, and now my bed is higher than ever... crazy! Maybe I'll put up pictures, but then again I don't want to scare you all either... ;)

Where would you hold your ideal picnic?

Answers, please.

6 comments:

danielle said...

you got soaked walking back from track...reminds me of the time we all played out in the rain for like and hour as we waited for coach jim. then hannah, matt and i made a "tent" with the mat and tarp...good times! i remember how wet we all were...it looked like we had all climbed out of a swimming pool.
where would i hold my ideal picnic? somewhere with lots of grassy hills to run/roll down and under a big tree. where would you hold yours?

hannah said...

i remember that, danielle! good times... :)
i would have to have my picnic on the beach -- sitting in the warm sand with a towel and eating a sandy apple sounds like so much fun right now!

justineeee said...

i hope you don't fall off your bed and hurt yourself! :O

there is a nice park by my house that has this very crooked tree right by this man-made lake. that's where i'd like to old a picnic. on the tree by the lake.

ps i sent you a 'prize' for reading my super long survey post. :D

Jillian said...

hahaha I want to see your really high bed!!!!
Hmmm... I'd like to have my picnic at the park I used to eat lunch at when I was in K-3rd grade. :) Without all the weirdos that are there now.

rebekah said...

Thanks for asking, Danielle. This one I will answer.

I would go Crystal Cove beach in California. I would either pack a picnic lunch or buy it from a nearby food stand (that I can't remember the name of) and they would give me WAY more than I ordered so the people with me would have to help me eat it.

hannah said...

I remember that, Rebekah! That place was called Husky Burger or something unappetizing like that. We'd have to allow lots of time for them to prepare us all the wrong food. :)