In my defense, my stupid clock thought it was daylight savings time last week and changed itself accordingly. So even though it is now 11:15 am, my clock says 10:15. I haven't tried to fix it, because I did that this spring, and it kept switching itself anyway so I will just wait until Daylight Savings really rolls around this weekend.
But anyway. You will not believe what I did this morning: I got up at 8:30 and believed it to be 7:30. This would not be such a big deal were it not for the fact that I have an 8:45 class. It would also not have been such a big deal if I had realized my mistake, say, in the next half an hour or so. But no. I went to breakfast with my friend Melissa, all the while believing I was up on time; maybe a minute or two late but whatever. On the way to breakfast I remarked on how incredibly light out it was. Melissa must think I'm completely deluded.
I sat and ate breakfast, and chatted with Sarah and Melissa. I was completely awake; I really have no excuse. Around 8:55 (I thought it was 7:55) Sarah said, "So, you don't have class right now?" And I said, "No, my class doesn't start till 8:45."
Long pause. Sarah gives me a confused look. (You would have too, don't you think??) I tried to explain why my class starts at 8:45, which is kind of an unusual time at Calvin. After a few minutes of confused conversation I finally realized that my watch did not actually say 5 minutes to 8:00 but actually 5 MINUTES TO 9:00.
I am still amazed that my heart is still beating.
I am also amazed how quickly I made it to class. Seriously. You would have been proud. And I talked to my prof. afterward, and it was totally fine. He was actually very happy that I had made it to class.
So that was good. Although I'm not sure he should have been affirming my behavior...
If you were a shoe, what type would you be?
Answers, please.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... i'm glad i could be a part of this hilarious moment. and i'm glad that my confusion was not because of my own stupidity. haha.
shoe... do you really have to ask... flip flop!! but because of the cold i have been wearing a lot of flats. but still a flip flop.
I would be a pair of black high heels. people where those to all sorts of special occasions so i'd get to go to lots of fancy things and look cute. :)
maybe i'd wear myself to winter formal
It's okay. Skip class once in a while. It does the body good.
what kind of shoe would i be? i would be a hybrid between my tennis shoes and my flip-flops... only not broken like my flipflops
that is so something you would do, rebekah! :)oh, you make me laugh!
if i were a tyep of shoe i would probably be a flip flop or tennis shoe, since i now have a tan-line for both!
woohooo! go sock tans! :)
:] tee hee. it's okay. i did that too. and i didn't have friends to point out that i was an hour behind everyone else.
shoe shoe shoe... i would be... i dunno//// pirate boots because they look pretty AMAZING.
Post a Comment