Saturday, November 24, 2007

Wise Words from Rebekah:

...Sleep is overrated.

It's true. I've discovered that I don't get nearly as worried about deadlines as I did in high school. Because I no longer figure sleep into my calculations when wondering how much time I have left. It's amazing how little sleep the body actually needs, believe me.

So don't worry about homework-- you can always do it instead of sleeping!

Easy for me to say; I got almost nine hours of sleep last night. I spent the past few days (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and today up till now) at my grandparents' for Thanksgiving break. It was so nice to get away from the dorms for a little bit. Some highlights included:

-sleeping in in the morning, then getting up and watching the deer in the woods out the window
-seeing all of my relatives on Thanksgiving day
-doing lots of puzzles/playing lots of games
-going to the stables with my cousin and watching her ride
-having a "girls' night" last night with my grammi, aunt and cousins (we watched "Christmas Vacation" and played pictionary. Very good. Lots of laughing.)
-eating a TON of food. Especially pie. Yum.

And now I'm back at my dorm. There's almost no one here, which is sad, but everyone will come back tomorrow. I'm glad. I really miss people. And it's only been a few days. Sheesh.

But now we're into the Christmas season!!! Hooray!! Right now I've got one of my favorite Christmas cds playing, and I turned on my "Home for the Holidays" Christmas candle. The view out my window is equally good; the sun is just setting (yes! it actually came out today!) and the faint sunlight filtering through the trees is very pretty. The wind is blowing the last leaves off the trees, and it's pretty cold out there, but I've got the vents open in here and so I'm nice and warm!

Do you have a favorite Christmas carol? If so, what is it?

Answers, please.

4 comments:

hannah said...

wow! me and sarah were JUST picking our favorite christmas carols! mine are: o holy night, o come o come emmanuel, and carol of the bells. oh yes, and the hippo song!

that's funny that your candle is called "home for the holidays" because you're not. :) at least not yet. (can't wait!!)

love you

Padfoot240 said...

I Celebrate the Day
by Relient K

Sarah said...

OH NO!! kevin didn't answer with a harry potter answer!!

O holy night by Josh Groban... and the Christmas Portrait CD by the Carpenters.

Padfoot240 said...

I celebrate the Day
by Relient K

as sung by the suits of armor in Hogwarts