Sunday, October 14, 2007

corn mazes and other firsts

Hello, everyone!

Well, I'm kind of in a rambling mood right now, so I'm not sure how this post will turn out. So you've been forewarned. :P

Well, yesterday I got to try some new things here at Calvin. The first first (hee hee) was cheering for the boys cross country team. After track practice in the morning I went over with some of the girls on the team to go cheer on cross country. I didn't have a sweatshirt, so it was a little cold, but fun. I think cheering at a cross country meet requires almost as much running for the spectators as it does for the competitors. :)

Yesterday I also went to a corn maze! (2nd first). This was also with the track team. It was fun; the maze was actually plowed in the shape of Michigan, so that was interesting. There were all these little fun facts throughout the maze, but I didn't really stop to read them. It was too much fun wandering about.

Then after that I went to dinner at the house of one of my teammates. That was cool too.

Today I went to church at Mars Hill with Stina, then we went to Stavros Resturaunt! It was kind of funny; Stina talked to the owners and tried to figure out if they were related. :)

Today is very gray and dreary; it's raining pretty hard. :P It's yucky.

All right, it's time for the question of the day:
If you could spend one afternoon with any character from any book, who would it be? What would you do?

Answers please.


--edit-- I just remembered a funny story I forgot to tell you.
Yesterday I was sitting in the weight room with some of my track buddies, stretching in between weight lifting. My coach came over and said, "Rebekah, you need to start doing some weights." Obviously; what did he think I was doing in the weight room??
Then he turned to my friend, who is a junior, outlined some of the things he wanted her to show me how to do, and meandered away again.
It was quiet for a few minutes, then I turned to my friends and said, "Translation: Rebekah is too skinny." It was funny. We laughed. Maybe you had to be there.

Pretty much true though. I am a little small for someone in a college sport... oh well. Everyone on the team jokes about adding muscle weight to me. So if I come home looking... bulkier... you'll know why. :D

A bien tot, tout le monde!

6 comments:

hannah said...

Either I'd chill with Aslan and explore Narnia or hang with Elizabeth Bennet and go for a walk in the rain. :)

Padfoot240 said...

Harry Potter for sure.

Anonymous said...

Just don't be all like girl bodybuilder status. If you can rip me in two with your index and middle fingers, you're too buff. My new post is also about two firsts!!

I'd chill with Dobby. No one really appreciates Dobby...of course until he gives Harry gillyweed, garners pity, and gets stabbed in the chest. Which means that Harry's relationship with Dobby is completely conditional. Unless Dobby is doing something useful, he is rather annoying, says Harry. Well, I want to show him the love that he deserves and buy him a whole wardrobe of cute elf clothes. Then maybe Hermione would totally become enamored with my passion for humane elf treatment and date me. mmm..

cristina said...

jay jarvis from flabbergasted!

danielle said...

can it be a movie character? if so, you know i would hang with jack sparrow and go on some crazy adventure! if not, i'm really not sure...there are too many good characters to choose from...it would depend on my mood. :)

oh, and see i told you..."you have non-existent arms, non-existent abs, and a non-existent butt...you pretty much don't exist!"
"no, i exist...i'm just a head and legs..."

haha! good times! :)

Jillian said...

Hahahaha oh man. I can't wait to see you! :) You will be THE woman!
Hmm... who would I spend my day with... ;)