Sunday, March 2, 2008

Nineteen!

Possibly the most eventful weekend of my life.

Cue best story ever. (At least I think so. But my brain's not fully functioning at the moment, so bear with me.)

Yesterday I had a track meet in Anderson, Indiana; we left Calvin at about 10:30 am because it takes a little over four hours to get there. The meet started at 4:00 pm, but we can skip over that because I didn't really jump very well.

Except that I got first place, because there wasn't really any competition. And I got a free t-shirt. Always a plus.

Anyway.

The meet got done at 10:30 pm, which was earlier than we expected. So everyone was pretty excited; we thought we might get back by 3:00 am or so. We stopped for a quick fast-food dinner and then left again; on the bus we watched Bourne Ultimatum and generally went crazy. (I was tired already then.) At midnight the people around me wished me a happy birthday, which was sweet of them.

We were about an hour away from Calvin at 2:30 and everyone was just starting to get sleepy. I quit playing twenty questions with my friend and had just closed my eyes when...

The bus blew a tire.

No joke. Middle of nowhere. It was really loud, too; I sat up so fast I'm surprised I didn't hurt myself. Everyone was awake then. The bus driver managed to pull over in a rest area, and we all got out and went inside, where we collapsed between the bathrooms and the vending machines.

A couple people fell asleep on the floor. The rest of us played cards and had icicle fights and crazy conversations on topics varying from politics to international drinking games.

And everything was absolutely hilarious, believe me. I think the reason we started talking about drinking games was because we all felt intoxicated. I have never found knock-knock jokes so funny in my life...

Anyway. We were there in the rest stop in the middle of nowhere until a little after 4:30 am, when the coach bus company finally replaced our tire. I slept the rest of the way home, came in to my dorm at around 6:00 am and crashed. Then I woke up at 10:45, got dressed, opened a present from my roommate, suitemates, and Sarah, and went to my grandparents' house for lunch and more birthday celebration.

Since then I have come back, opened more presents (from my family and from Tina-- thanks guys!), eaten dinner and called Danielle. Now I will do homework and laundry! Yippee! And then I will go to chapel and bible study, since I skipped church this morning.

I know! I'm a heathen. But it's the first time I've ever missed, which I think is pretty impressive for over 6 months in college. And I needed sleep. Still need it, actually, in case you couldn't tell.

Thanks everyone for being so good to me! I feel so loved! :)

If you had a theme song, what would it be?

Answers, please.

2 comments:

hannah said...

happy birthday beckypoo!
love you

danielle said...

humm...my theme song would be something like "this is why i'm hot" or "i'm too sexy" haha! totally kidding...or am i??? ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (again) i'm glad i got to talk to you!

oh, and the SAT: i wanted to KILL something!!! but, other than that it was okay...just long. haha!