Saturday, March 22, 2008

ensoleiller (spring break part 1)

"Ensoleiller" is my new favorite French word. It means "to fill with sunshine."

Okay, here we go ... Spring Break '08!! :)

I left for Gulf Shores, Alabama with the track team on Friday, March 7 at 9:00 in the morning. We took two coach buses, and did nothing but drive all day Friday until we got to Arkansas late that night/early the next morning. We hit that major snowstorm that was going through the south at the time; saw lots of cars in ditches. Yucky.

But we made it through okay and the next day (Saturday) we had a meet. Which was outdoors, and FREEZING. I made 5'1".

We left the meet that evening and headed straight for Gulf Shores. We drove through the night and got to our resort just as the sun was coming up at 7:00 am.


Here's a picture of what it looked like from the balcony of our condo the morning we got there. I took this picture and then crashed on the couch 'cuz I was so tired. :)









I stayed in a 4th-floor condo with eight other girls; we had SO MUCH FUN!







Here are some of us getting ready to go to
practice...







A picture of our kitchen.













Another picture of our condo, facing the other direction. We had a lot of large furniture in a small space, but it was REALLY nice other than that. In addition to the kitchen and living room, we also had three bedrooms and a laundry room. And a lovely view of the gulf of Mexico!

















Freshmen!!! I love this picture. :)
Here is a picture of my entire condo, out for dinner at Lambert's Cafe.
And I'll leave off there, since this post is getting really long, and create a new post now! Part two! :D

No comments: