
On Wednesday night the entire team went out for dinner together to Lambert's Cafe. It was a really cool resturaunt with picnic-table-style tables. While we were waiting for our food the waiters would come out with trays of hot, fresh-baked rolls and throw them into the crowd. You had to catch your own roll, then waiters would come around with big pots of apple butter, fried potatoes, and fried okra. Welcome to the South.
Yummy.
Throwing the rolls...
... and catching the rolls. (You can click on the pictures to see them bigger).
Hayley and I having a little too much fun. My friend told me he'd pay me if I could fit in the little car ride...
I said he'd have to pay for the paramedics to cut me out when I got stuck.
So that was Wednesday night. Thursday was another big day... including freshman games! (Think initiation... yeah. :)
Freshman Game #1: the egg toss
I look like I'm having so much fun.
(The game wasn't over till the egg broke on either you or your partner. Yuck. Sorry, partner... hee hee hee. :)
Freshman game #2: musical chairs
The girls had to sit on the boys when the music stopped.
Freshman game #3: the "suck and blow"
Basically, they (the seniors) made all of us little freshmen line up boy-girl-boy-girl in four or five different teams. Then we had to pass a playing card mouth to mouth without using our hands... yeah. And on a windy beach, that card doesn't always stay put.
Unfortunately (NOT), no one got any pictures of me in this game. At least, not that I know of. Hopefully none will come up on facebook. I DO have some really great pictures of my friends, but I think that if I put those up I probably would no longer have friends...
And the last freshman game was just a relay race across the beach. We had to hurdle some sophomores while running a gauntlet of upperclassmen throwing waterballoons and buckets of water, down to the waterline where we spun around a bat in the waves before charging back up again. We all got really wet, but in the end...
We took revenge!!!
The freshmen strike back. We picked up all of the seniors and threw them into the ocean.
Wheee!!!
Stay tuned for the next post: Spring Break part three! :)





3 comments:
But the suck and blow game is the best!
rebekah! R-A-umm! lookes like you had fun.
i went to practice today, but only since coach came...it was fun.
oh and yes i know i shouldn't have been talking on the phone and driving at the same time, but i don't really ever do it...it just happens that the one time some stupid bird decides to walk in front of my car.
oh and a pidgeon at that. does that hold a special connection in your memory with me??? it should!
:)
I agree with Dan. That's the first thing I thought of... sadly...
Post a Comment