Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Here it is...

The long-awaited post! And it's going to be long, so you better just enjoy it. :)
It's kind of an endless cycle; the busier I get, the less I'm able to keep up with people at home (through phone calls, blogger, etc.), the more frustrated and stressed I get... yeah. It's bad.

But I have free time today for the first time in... forever! So I will post. And call people. Yay. :)

The weather turned suddenly cold again today, and apparently it's supposed to stay that way. We're really moving into fall here now. Some of the trees are starting to change, although it's still mostly green still. But today it's gray and cold, and so what do you think I did?? That's right, I had SOUP FOR LUNCH!!!!!! hahahaha yum. It was lentil soup, as a matter of fact. Very good.

The reason I was so busy this past weekend and early this week was because I had TWO TESTS and my first paper to do. It was VERY stressful. Especially the paper; a couple people have probably heard my stupid story about my laptop and the printer: it was a living nightmare. But I won't get into that. It's long and I don't really want to think about it. :P
I've still got one test to come, actually; I have French on Friday. But I really like French so that won't be as painful to study for.

Okay, now I'm going to try to add some pictures; we'll see how this works.

Yes! It's working! :D Forgive me, this is exciting. I'm not a computer person. And these are coming off my phone, so also please forgive the poor photography.
This picture I took about a week ago; the trees are still green but you can see they're dropping some (look on the ground.)

Picture #2: This is actually fairly old; from when we went to Lake Michigan for Labor Day. It was a lot of fun and a beautiful day. It was a good way to meet new people on my floor. I also liked walking along the pier and getting a yummy smoothie. :)

Not sure who the random people are. Ignore them. Also ignore that the picture is kind of tipped diagonally. It's not my fault. The earth is rotating.


Picture #3: I went to a Calvin v. Hope volleyball game! It was awesome! We won! But I think I already posted about that so I will shut up and let you enjoy the picture.







Picture #4: I have the sweetest roommate ever.
So, in the middle of my whole internet/laptop living nightmare, I came up to my room and tried to print something. To make a long story short, that didn't work either and I got REALLY frustrated. Obviously my roommate noticed. When I went back downstairs to study in the basement I hear the door open behind me, and then I see her arm snake by and set this mug down on the desk in front of me, with the attached note. Wasn't that nice??
Yep! That's how my adventure's going so far. Did you know I have now been here for a month??
Well, I should probably go read The Odyssey. A bien tot!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your roommmates tight!!!!!! Sorry to hear about your problems. It's quite...problematic but hopefully easily remedied.

Padfoot240 said...

I wish my room mate was like that.
Lucky you!

hannah said...

Yay! A long post! Wow-can't believe you've been gone for a month! Although it does seem like you've been gone forever... What a sweet roommate! You should buy her something too. :) ("To keep you asleep when I'm up trying to figure out my computer problems")
he he

Jillian said...

hahaha awesome roomie!!!
And your photography is amazing. :)
At least the stressful part is over for now. You can relax and do fun stuff (like go to more volleyball games!! :)
Have fun mi amiga!

danielle said...

nice pics! it was good to talk to you! have fun in your little tent thing (i don't know what it's called). :)
talk to you again soon, my half! :)

danielle said...

oh, i forgot. you sound like an elephant. :)

cristina said...

i thoroughly enjoyed your post... almost as much as i enjoyed sleeping in the sukkah last night