also known as: sleet, "by gum!", POP, and 100th post!!!!
Yep. This post is full of good stuff.
So, this is exam week at Calvin, in case you didn't know. Unfortunately, my exams go from easiest to hardest, so even though I'm halfway done, I'm still pretty nervous about the two coming up.
Those of you who read Stina's blog will know that we have a tradition here of popping "exam balloons" every time we finish an exam. I had the pleasure of popping two today: French and History. I just finished my history exam. I screamed when I popped the balloon. I always do.
The weather here is perfect for studying-- it's nasty. Right now we're having "freezing rain"-- better known as sleet. It's pretty messy out there. But it's all good because I wore my boots with the furrrrrrrrrrrr... hee hee hee.
Oh. And today I looked in my planner and under things to do saw "buy gum." Except when I read it I read it as "By gum!" Like the exclamation. It took me a minute to figure out what on earth I had been referring to-- perhaps the amount of studying I had to do? When I realized I had simply been instructing myself to buy more gum I laughed for a long time. By myself. In the morgue.
Things are always funnier when you've been studying in a silent cubicle for hours on end.
Speaking of which, I've got much more time coming up in our "morgue"-- the very aptly named study room in the basement. I pretty much live down there. Sometimes people ask me about it. They come in, study for a while, leave, and come back, and always say "Have you been in here this WHOLE TIME??"
Usually I have.
So if you have a chance in the next few days, pray for my sanity and that I do well on my next and last two exams: English 210 tomorrow and Theology 131 on Friday.
Eeeeeks!
Question-of-the-day: What is your usual reaction to the sound of a popping balloon?
Answers, please.
Oh!!! I almost forgot!!! I believe this is my 100th blog post!!! *confetti* :)
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
it depends: if i'm expecting the balloon to pop i just jump a little, if it's a surprise i jump a lot and scream. :) and perhaps shout "by gum!" jk :)
i've never noticed what my reaction is to a popping balloon, but currently, in this state of mind, i think it would go something like this...*POP* AHHHHH *gets up and starts running in circles *crash! (that was me running into a solid object)
yep...that sounds about right.
good luck on you finals. i'll be praying for you my friend! don't dieeeeeee! then i'd only be a worse half...that would be quite sad. :(
yay for 100th post!
okay...bye for now. :)
hahaha... boots with the fuuuuur.
Balloons popping used to make me jump before but now my entire hall is popping them for each final so now I yell "YAY!!!" out of my door every time I hear one.
Pulling my wand out to face whatever made the noise!
Post a Comment