Friday, August 3, 2007

Conversations with a six year old

Today I went to Raging Waters with the daycare. I will go on record to say that only about 2% of the people in this world who wear bikinis should actually be allowed to wear them.

Anyway.

On the way back I sat next to one of the kindergardeners. (They're the best. Absolutely hilarious.) I fell asleep (oops, not supposed to) and when I woke up he looked at me and asked, "Have you ever been to Scooby Doo's real house?"

Ummmmmmmmmmm, no. I haven't. "Have you?"

He shook his head sadly. "No, my parents don't know where it is."

"Oh," I said. "Actually, I don't either."

He nodded. "I think it's on another planet."

Aaaahhhhh. Okay.

I just smiled and nodded. Kids say the darndest things.

On a side note, this is my first post from my new laptop! Hooray!!! I feel so professional.

:D

6 comments:

cristina said...

rebekah!
i love kids.. they're the true genius (wow, i sadly can't remember how to spell that word... is that right?) of comedy.
remind me to tell you sometime about the little girl who was making an imaginary sandwhich and chose to put an ipod on it.

danielle said...

you're evil!
your comment from "mr. baas" totally freaked me out. i was like "ahhhhhhh stalker!!!! i'm going to die". i was so relieved it was you. call me! i left you an interesting message...i hate leaving messages.
hope to see you soon! :)

Piperxmeow said...

hahahaha kids are so so so silly. but they keep our imaginations going, i swear.

ew. bikinis + obesity in america = not cool. NOT COOL AT ALL. same goes for speedos and other such swimwear.

miss you, twin!

ps. it's late. and i'm writing nonsense.

justineeee said...

only about 2% of the people in this world who wear bikinis should actually be allowed to wear them.


i totally agree.


yesterday was fun!

cristina said...

hmm, i dont understand bikinis and their acceptance... it's wrong to walk in public in out underwear, but hey, just make our underwear waterproof, and there ya go... absolutely normal!

Mom said...

You made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing. Love you!

P.S. What's it like to be in the 2%?